The Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center treats wounds that are caused from:
- Peripheral vascular diseases.
- Chemical trauma.
- Collagen vascular disorders.
- Other barriers to normal healing processes.
- Decubitus ulcers.
- Slow healing chronic wounds or ulcers.
- Chronic inflammations of the foot and leg.
- Follow-up burn care and scar management.
- Ostomy, peristomal and incontinence concerns.
- Radiation damage from cancer treatment.
To learn more about the Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center, at Kent Hospital or to schedule a consultative appointment, call (401) 736-4646.
Wound Care Treatments provided at the center include:
- Hyperbaric medicine using Rhode Island's newest technology.
- Refined and thorough surgical wound debridement or cleaning.
- Pain-reducing wound dressing.
- Bioactive substances- collagen, copper peptides and time-released silver dressings.
- Infection control.
- Advanced wound contact layers and edema reduction techniques.
- Comprehensive wound care related pain management.
- Ostomy care-appliance fitting, management and incontinence therapy.
- On-site consultations from allied subspecialists.
- Advanced bio-engineered skin grafting.
The Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center at Kent Hospital is convenient to Providence and surrounding communities and has access to all hospital resources and the Care New England Health System. The hospital medical staff has an extensive array of specialists in virtually every medical-surgical category.