Geriatrics Consultation Service
Warwick, RI 02886
P: (401) 737-7000, ext. 34893
Comprehensive Care Program for Older Adults
We strive every day to ensure that older adult patients receive immediate access to the best care with assurance of the greatest level of patient safety and quality. Our goal is to optimize treatment and recovery, as well as assist patients to return safely to their lives with a focus on quality of life and maintaining independence. With this in mind, Kent Hospital has developed a team of specialized experts in geriatrics to deliver direct care and to infuse education about older adult needs and best practices for care throughout our hospital. This service allows us to:
- Reduce the risk of hospitalization for older adults.
- Reduce or minimize avoidable complications.
- Reduce the incidence of unnecessary transitions or interventions that have no evidence supporting their benefits.
- Focus care on what matters most to each older adult.
- Provide coordinated care across settings.