Organization: Kent Hospital of RI
Location: 15 Health Lane, Building 2-D
Warwick, Rhode Island
Hours: Wound care Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm 24-hour emergency hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy service available
Contact Information 401-736-4646.
Our services are covered by most insurance plans.
The Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center has eased the struggle for thousands of individuals with chronic wounds through an innovative, interdisciplinary approach. Using the latest techniques, including Rhode Island's (RI) largest hyperbaric oxygen chambers (HBO), a team of medical, surgical and nursing professionals assesses and treats wound conditions from peripheral vascular disease, diabetes, trauma, cancer, ostomy, burns and other concerns.
The Hyperbaric Oxygen Program (HBO) at the Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center is one of only 66 such facilities in the US to be accredited by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society.
The Hyperbaric Medicine Center has achieved Accreditation with Distinction – the highest level of distinction offered by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS).
Individualized wound care programs can help speed the healing process. Treatments are specifically geared to a patient’s needs, based on the type of wound and the barriers to healing. The Center staff work together with the patient and his or her primary physician to develop a goal-oriented, time sensitive program of wound care. Coordinated treatment plans help to reduce pain, promote faster healing and improve daily activity.
Conditions Treated with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Wounds from peripheral vascular diseases, diabetes, chemical trauma, cancer, collagen vascular disorders and other barriers to normal healing processes
- Decubitus ulcers
- Slow healing chronic wounds or ulcers
- Chronic inflammations of the foot and leg
- Follow-up burn care and scar management
- Ostomy, peristomal and incontinence concerns
- Radiation damage from cancer treatment
Wound Care Treatments Provided
- Hyperbaric medicine using Rhode Island's newest technology
- Refined and thorough surgical wound debridement or cleaning
- Pain-reducing wound dressing
- Bioactive substances- collagen, copper peptides and time-released silver dressings
- Infection control
- Advanced wound contact layers and edema reduction techniques
- Comprehensive wound care-related pain management
- Ostomy care-appliance fitting, management and incontinence therapy
- On-site consultations from allied sub-specialists
- Advanced bio-engineered skin grafting
The Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center at Kent Hospital is convenient to Providence and surrounding communities and has access to all hospital resources and the Care New England Health System. The hospital medical staff has an extensive array of specialists in virtually every medical-surgical category including endocrinology, infectious diseases, orthopedics, oncology, ostomy, podiatry and physiatry (physical medicine).
Learn more about Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy through our fact sheet.
In The News:
Kent Hospital Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center featured in Rhode Island Medical Journal, April 2014 issue