Volunteers brighten our lives each and everyday here at Kent Hospital. Whether it's putting a smile on a patient's face, saying a friendly hello to a visitor or supporting the needs of our staff - volunteers do make a difference here at Kent Hospital.
Whether you are a retiree wanting to give back, a high school or college student exploring careers, or you just have the desire to help others, each volunteer truly enhances the patient and family experience.
Volunteers serve the hospital seven days a week in virtually every department, providing support to Kent Hospital. Placements are suited to a volunteer's special interests, skills, availability, and our current opportunities. Volunteers are asked to give a minimum of a four-month commitment and can contribute as many hours as they wish. Depending on the need of the department or volunteer, activity-hours and days can be altered.
4 Easy Steps To Become A Volunteer
- Contact the Kent Hospital Volunteer Services Department at (401) 737-7000 ext. 31328 or email us at email@example.com.
- Complete the application form, confidentiality agreement, background check and general health care assessment.
- Interview with selected department about interests, background, skills, and availability.
- Complete blood work, the tuberculosis, flu and tetanus shot, hospital-wide orientation, obtain ID badge, and purchase the Kent Hospital Volunteer uniform for $25 from the Hospitality Shop at Kent Hospital.
* Individuals who do not comply with these requirements cannot be accepted as volunteers
Why Join The Kent Hospital Volunteer Team?
If you ask Kent Hospital volunteers why they come to the hospital each week, you may receive a variety of different answers.
In addition, volunteers also receive:
- Free hospital-wide education classes including all computer technology courses.
- A $6 meal ticket on the day that they volunteer.
- Quarterly newsletters and updates.
- Annual infection control and prevention training.
- The opportunity to purchase discounted event tickets in Human Resources.
- An annual recognition event for their service.