455 Toll Gate Road
Warwick, RI 02886
P: (401) 737-7000
P: 1 (800) 892-9291
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
7 a.m. to noon
Closed New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving and Christmas
We believe visitors play an important part in a patient’s well being. Visitors create healing. You may visit between 8 a.m. and 8:30 p.m., however, please note the guidelines below. Rest is needed for comfort and well being. Be aware of the patient’s need for rest when you visit.
Those who visit after 8:30 p.m. for special circumstances must enter through the Emergency Department and check in with Security. Security will inform the unit that visitors are coming.
- Some units have specific guidelines, such as the Women’s Care Center, Intensive Care Unit, Surgical Services, and our Substance Abuse Disorder Unit. Please speak with the patient’s nurse about visiting these units.
- To help with rest and comfort we suggest no more than two visitors at a time.
- Please be respectful of other patients nearby. Larger families may gather in our waiting areas.
- If an isolation sign is posted outside the patient’s room, please follow the instructions on the sign.
- If you have any questions or special circumstances, please speak to a nurse.
Patients have the right to designate visitors who shall receive the same visitation privileges as the patient’s
immediate family members, regardless of whether the visitors are legally related to the patient. A patient
may designate virtually anyone -- a spouse, domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner),
another family member, or a friend.
To help with rest and comfort we suggest no more than two visitors at a time. Larger families may wait in our waiting areas. We have free parking for visitors. Handicapped parking is located at the Main Entrance and near the Emergency Entrance.
Please respect and protect the privacy of all patients.
Please cooperate with all requests from hospital staff. There may be times when visitors are asked to leave a patient’s room or change locations while the patient’s needs are being met.
- Healthy children under 12 years of age may visit if planned ahead of time with the nursing staff. Children must be watched by a visiting adult at all times.
- People who are sick should not visit patients.
- Patients may not be able to eat certain foods or drink. Check with the nurse before bringing in food or drink for the patient. Medicines are provided by our pharmacy. Please do not bring any medicines, supplements, herbs, or vitamins from home.
- Bathrooms in patients’ rooms are for patient use only. Public bathrooms are available on every floor. Hospital staff will help you locate the one nearest you.
- Cell phones may be used in clearly marked areas.
- For safety reasons only Mylar balloons are allowed in the hospital. Latex balloons are not allowed in the hospital.
Important PIN Number Information
Please help our patients get the rest they need by observing quiet time. If it is necessary that you visit after 8:30 p.m., please enter through the Emergency Department and check in with Security.
If an isolation sign is posted outside the patient’s room, please follow the instructions on the sign. If you have any questions, speak to a nurse.
Please have one family member who shares information about your loved one’s condition with family and friends. We are happy to give you information when you use the PIN number provided.