The Breast Health Center at Kent, a collaboration with Women & Infants Hospital, will celebrate breast cancer survivorship by hosting its 6th annual health fair on Friday, May 20, 2016 from 11a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 801 Greenwich Ave., Warwick, RI. The event is free to all cancer survivors, caregivers, and the community. Lunch will be provided.
The program will begin at noon and will include the following speakers and presentations:
- Moderator: Candace Dyer, MD, physician director, The Breast Health Center at Kent.
- Robert Legare, MD, FACP, co-medical director, The Women & Infants Breast Health Center, director, Clinical Cancer Genetics Program at Women & Infants Hospital.
- Aromatase Inhibitors in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Toxicity, Side Effects and How to Manage.
- Cornelius "Skip" Granai III, MD, director, Program in Women’s Oncology at Women & Infants Hospital.
The Fish Story.
- Katina Robison, MD, co-director of both the Women’s Intimacy and Sexual Health (WISH) Clinic and Women’s Dysplasia Clinic at Women & Infants Hospital
- Dana Haseotes, MSW, LICSW, Women’s Intimacy and Sexual Health (WISH) Clinic, Women & Infants Hospital.
- Betsy Ricci, RNP, Women’s Intimacy and Sexual Health (WISH) Clinic, Women & Infants Hospital.
- The WISH Clinic.
Inspiring Stories of Survivorship
To RSVP, please contact Kim McDonough, RN, BSN, program director of The Breast Health Center at Kent, at (401) 737-7010, ext. 35408 by May 13.
The Breast Health Center at Kent provides comprehensive breast care to women in our community. Joining the dedicated medical professionals at Kent Hospital with some of the nation’s leading breast health experts from Women & Infants Hospital, The Breast Health Center at Kent provides a comprehensive array of services including:
- 3D mammography.
- Needle biopsies of the breast and breast MRI.
- Clinical evaluation and treatment.
- Fertility counseling.
- Genetic counseling.
- Social services.
- Nutrition consultation.
- Support groups.
The Breast Health Center at Kent is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).