The Kent Hospital Residency Programs participate in the National Matching Services (Natmatch) and the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) (currently for IM Program). Applications are accepted from graduates of approved medical schools through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
Application Requirements and Deadlines
You may submit your application materials to us anytime after the ERAS post office opens on July 1(AOA) or September 1 (ACGME). As we receive many applications, we urge you to apply as early as you are able to in the season. Invitations are sent on a rolling basis.
We require the following items to be included in your application materials:
- COMLEX or USLME scores (Step 1 and 2, when available).
- Dean's letter and transcript.
- Personal statement.
- At least 3 letters of recommendation from faculty members you have worked with (1 from the specific discipline in which you are applying).
International Graduate Applications:
We cannot guarantee review of international graduate applications unless the following criteria have been met:
- USMLE Step 1 & 2 scores >200
- U.S. Clinical Experience with refernces
- Medical school graduation date less than 3 years prior to submission of application
- Applicant J1 visa accepted.
Interviews are by invitation only and we will do our best to schedule your interview at a time that is convenient for you. Generally, interview season runs from September to February. If you receive an invitation for an interview, you must contact residency coordinators, to schedule a date and time, or schedule via ERAS.
An informal dinner with select residents will be offered the evening prior to your interview. It is recommended that you attend the dinner if your travel plans permit. The purpose is to introduce the applicant to the hospital/residency and vice versa.
The interview process takes approximately six hours and includes interviews with faculty, residents, and a hospital tour.
If you would like to schedule a time to shadow any of our programs, please contact the residency coordinator.
Medical Student Application
If you are interested in completing a rotation at Kent Hospital, please complete the medical student rotator request form. Audition rotations for our residency programs are granted from July – January.
Manager, Graduate Medical Education
(401) 737-7010 ext. 35640
- Medical Student Coordinator.
- Internal Medicine Residency Program Coordinator.
- Gastroenterology Fellowship Coordinator.
(401) 737-7010 ext. 35664
- Emergency Medicine Residency Program Coordinator.
(401) 737-7010 ext. 35682
- Family Medicine Residency Program Coordinator
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine Fellowship Coordinator