The Kent Hospital Residency Programs participates in ERAS and interns are selected from medical student graduates through the AOA Intern/Resident Registration Program. The Match is administered by National Matching Services Inc. in February each year.
Application Requirements and Deadline
You may submit your application materials to us any time after the ERAS post office opens on July 1. As we receive many applications, we urge you to apply as early as you are able in the season.
We require the following items to be included in your application materials:
- COMLEX scores (Step 1 and 2, when available)
- Dean's Letter and Transcript
- Personal statement
- At least 3 letters of recommendation from faculty members you have worked with (1 from the specific discipline in which you are applying)
Interviews are by invitation only and we will do our best to schedule your interview at a time that is convenient for you. Generally, interview season runs from September to January. If you receive an invitation for an interview, you must contact residency coordinators, to schedule a date and time.
An informal dinner with select residents will be offered the evening prior to your interview. It is recommended that you attend the dinner if your travel plans permit.
The purpose is to introduce the applicant to the hospital/residency and vice versa. The interview process takes approximately six hours and includes interviews with faculty, residents and a hospital tour.
If you would like to schedule a time to come shadow any of our programs, please contact the residency coordinator.
Medical Student Application
If you are interested in completing a rotation at Kent Hospital, please complete the medical student rotator request form. Audition rotations for our residency programs are granted from July – December.
Manager, Graduate Medical Education
(401) 737-7010 ext. 35640
- Medical Student Coordinator
- Emergency Medicine Residency Program Coordinator
- Internal Medicine Residency Program Coordinator
- Gastroenterology Fellowship Coodinator
Sarah Nottage, RN
(401) 737-7010 ext. 35642
- Family Medicine Residency Program Coordinator
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine Fellowship Coordinator
- CME Coordinator