The Family Practice Residency Program at Kent Hospital is approved by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP).
The residency is a 36-month program with the internship incorporated into the residency in accordance with AOA and ACOFP guidelines as of July 2011. Residents completing their training at Kent Hospital will develop a solid base in primary and preventative care.
Residents completing the Kent program will be eligible to sit for the ACOFP Boards.
Residents also have an opportunity to establish a familiarity with financial, legal, business management and coding practice issues in developing a family practice office. Residents will also develop an awareness of community needs and skills in managing interdisciplinary resources such as physical therapy, occupational therapy and social services as they relate to health care maintenance of their patients.
Teaching Program Features Include:
- Resident education days: structured didactic lectures ½ day a week
- Direct attending supervision/ instruction
- Dedicated wound care center with hyperbaric training
- Journal Club/Evidence Based Medicine Review
- OMM review and training seminars monthly
- Training in home-bound patient care
- Occupational and worker's compensation/disability training