The didactic program for the Family Medicine residency takes place every Thursday morning from 8am-12pm. The time is protected from other resident duties in the hospital and attendance is mandatory unless on certain offsite rotations or on vacation. Didactic day generally consists of:
- Family Medicine case presentation by a resident
- Lectures on various topics by Family Medicine faculty
- Pharmacy lectures
- Weekly directed reading text review
- Various procedure labs pertinent to Family Medicine
- Guest lectures from outside specialties
- Monthly Journal Reviews
- Residents also attend and present during noon medicine conferences on Mondays and Wednesdays in the hospital depending on their rotations.
- Monthly OMM lecture and lab
For more information, please contact the Kent Hospital Graduate Medical Education Office
at (401) 737-7010, ext. 5642.