The didactic program for the Emergency Medicine residency takes place every Thursday morning from 8am-1pm. The time is protected from other resident duties in the hospital and attendance is mandatory unless on certain offsite rotations or on vacation. Didactic day generally consists of:
- EM case presentation by a resident
- Lectures on various topics in EM by core faculty
- Weekly Rosen’s Emergency Medicine text review
- Various procedure, ultrasound, and simulator labs
- Guest lectures from outside specialties
- Residents also attend and present during noon medicine conferences on Mondays and Wednesdays in the hospital depending on their rotations.
- Monthly Emergency Medicine Journal Club
- Monthly Morbidity & Mortality Conference
For more information, please contact the Kent Hospital Graduate Medical Education Office
at (401) 737-7010, ext. 35640.