Kent Hospital is devoted to continually improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve, offering our essential services without regard for ability to pay.
Our Vision for 2010
By 2010, Kent Hospital will be one of the best regional hospitals in New England, preferred by patients, staff and physicians for its quality, safety and service.
Our Long Term Vision Statement
Our vision is to be one of the best regional hospitals in the nation by providing the highest quality of care.
At Kent Hospital, we put the patient and their families at the center of all we do. In our day-to-day interactions with patients and each other, our actions and decisions are guided by the following core values:
Kindness: We treat everyone with understanding and caring.
Excellence: We demonstrate unparalleled quality in all we do.
New Ideas: We encourage lifelong learning, continual improvement and innovation.
Trust: We can be counted on to always place our patients' interests first.
Collaboration: We work in partnerships with those around us, including our patients.
Accountability: We hold ourselves accountable for the impact of our decisions.
Respect: We treat each person with dignity, respecting the diverse needs of those we serve.
Ethics: We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- Opened in 1951, Kent is a 359-bed nonprofit acute care hospital, Kent serves approximately 300,000 residents across central Rhode Island.
- Recognized as one of the Top 100 Hospitals in the United States by The Solucient Institute.
- Located on 57 acres in Warwick (11 miles south of Providence), Kent is the second largest hospital in the state.
- More than 2,300 employees, 600 medical staff, 250 volunteers and 327 Auxiliary members.
- Kent's 26-member voluntary board of trustees is drawn from the community.
- Sandra L. Coletta, President & CEO
Kent is a member of Care New England, which is also composed of Women & Infants Hospital, Butler Hospital, Care New England Wellness Center and VNA of Care New England.