Kent Hospital is devoted to continually improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve, offering our essential services without regard for ability to pay.
Kent Hospital will be one of the best regional hospitals in New England, preferred by patients, staff and physicians for its quality, safety and service.
Our Long Term Vision Statement
Our vision is to be one of the best regional hospitals in the nation by providing the highest quality of care.
At Care New England, we put the patient and their families at the center of all we do. In our day-to-day interactions with patients and each other, our actions and decisions are guided by the following values (ACT):
Accountability: Set clear expectations and provide timely feedback and follow-through. Do what you say you're going to do, and be fair about it. Take ownership of your responsibilities.
Caring: Acknowledge and respond to the needs and challenges of every person. Create and environment that encourages respect and appreciation. Offer support, information, and hope.
Teamwork: Listen and value each person's voice. Ask "how can I help?" Support the work of each team and each team member.
- Opened in 1951, Kent is a 359-bed nonprofit acute care hospital, Kent serves approximately 300,000 residents across central Rhode Island.
- Located on 57 acres in Warwick (11 miles south of Providence), Kent is the second largest hospital in the state.
- More than 2,200 employees, 600 medical staff, 500 volunteers and 327 Auxiliary members.
- Michael Michael J. Dacey, Jr., MD President and Chief Operating Officer
- Kent is a member of Care New England, which is also composed of Butler Hospital, Memorial Hospital, Women & Infants Hospital, Care New England Wellness Center and VNA of Care New England.