The Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center has eased the struggle for thousands of individuals with chronic wounds through an innovative, interdisciplinary approach. Using the latest techniques, including the area’s largest hyperbaric oxygen chambers (HBO), a team of medical, surgical, and nursing professionals assesses and treats wound conditions from:
- Peripheral vascular disease.
- Burns and other concerns.
The Hyperbaric Oxygen Program (HBO) at the Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center is one of only 66 such facilities in the U.S. to be accredited by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society.
The Hyperbaric Medicine Center has achieved Accreditation with Distinction – the highest level of distinction offered by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS).
Individualized wound care programs can help speed the healing process. Treatments are specifically geared to a patient’s needs, based on the type of wound and the barriers to healing. The Center staff work together with the patient and his or her primary physician to develop a goal-oriented, time sensitive program of wound care. Coordinated treatment plans help to reduce pain, promote faster healing and improve daily activity.
- Wounds from:
- Peripheral vascular diseases.
- Chemical trauma.
- Collagen vascular disorders.
- Other barriers to normal healing processes.
- Decubitus ulcers.
- Slow healing chronic wounds or ulcers.
- Chronic inflammations of the foot and leg.
- Follow-up burn care and scar management.
- Ostomy, peristomal and incontinence concerns.
- Radiation damage from cancer treatment.
Wound Care Treatments Provided
- Hyperbaric medicine using Rhode Island's newest technology.
- Refined and thorough surgical wound debridement or cleaning.
- Pain-reducing wound dressing.
- Bioactive substances- collagen, copper peptides and time-released silver dressings.
- Infection control.
- Advanced wound contact layers and edema reduction techniques.
- Comprehensive wound care related pain management.
- Ostomy care-appliance fitting, management and incontinence therapy.
- On-site consultations from allied subspecialists.
- Advanced bio-engineered skin grafting.
The Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center at Kent Hospital is convenient to Providence and surrounding communities and has access to all hospital resources and the Care New England Health System. The hospital medical staff has an extensive array of specialists in virtually every medical-surgical category including:
- Infectious diseases.
- Physiatry (physical medicine).
In The News
Kent Hospital Wound Recovery and Hyperbaric Medicine Center featured in Rhode Island Medical Journal, April 2014 issue.