The Parkinson’s Information and Referral Center at Kent Hospital is the only resource center in Rhode Island sponsored by the American Parkinson Disease Association. It serves as a resource for those with Parkinson’s Disease (PD), their loved ones and healthcare providers. This Center’s outreach is available to people statewide and beyond, regardless of their affiliation with Kent Hospital, any other medical facility or physician. The Center provides current information about Parkinson’s Disease and appropriate referrals to resources across the region.
Services provided by the APDA Information & Referral Center include:
- Free publications about Parkinson’s Disease
- Resource referral network
- Phone & email access to a nurse coordinator to answer your questions
- Support Group assistance
- Educational programs
- Information updates to individuals on the Center’s mailing list through newsletters and other special event announcements
- Community outreach to provide awareness and education about PD
- Affiliation with the RI Chapter of the American Parkinson Disease Association
The APDA Information and Referral Center at Kent Hospital is coordinated by Mary Ellen Thibodeau, RN, and is under the medical direction of Dr. Joseph H. Friedman, neurologist and movement disorder specialist associated with Brown University.